We are securing the services of a Business Consultant to develop a Business Development Plan for Women’s Group of the Maya Golden Landscape and to provide tailored capacity building workshops in small business management for women’s groups. The consultancy is for a period of 6 months for the Inter-American Foundation-funded project project “Enhancing biodiversity awareness through citizen science and building capacity of sustainable community enterprise development of indigenous communities in the Maya Golden Landscape.”
Specific tasks include:
- Conduct initial introductory surveys of women’s group to gather information on the level of knowledge they possess in small business management.
- Conduct 3 training workshops with the women’s group selected by Ya’axché to improve small business management skills, including but not limited to the following: introduction to business plan development for community-based organizations, branding of a small business, customer service and negotiation, marketing, sales, pricing, business model development for women’s group, investing, information sharing, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Conduct post-survey to assess the increase in knowledge of participants after the workshops.
- Conduct final meeting for the presentation and endorsement of the Business Development Plan Final Draft.
Duration of placement
Six (6) months — September 27, 2021 to, March 26, 2022
Dependent on skills and experience.
Desired Academic qualifications and skills
Include, but not limited to the following:
- Expert in Small Business Management
- Knowledge in entrepreneurship models for women’s groups
- Knowledge in business development models, budgets and investment plan
- Proven expertise working with indigenous communities in southern Belize
- Lead capacity buildings trainings and assessments
Your application package should include a copy of your resume or CV (no more than two pages), a consultancy proposal, including an estimated budget, and a one-page letter outlining your interest in, and suitability for, the consultancy. All documents should be in .pdf format and emailed to Project Manager Marvin Vasquez ([email protected]).
Note: Only the selected candidate will be contacted to further develop the consultancy proposal with a budget and a workplan.
Deadline to submit application is Friday, September 17, 2021