As Protected Areas Program Director
PROTECTED AREAS PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Join our team as Protected Areas Program Director. We are securing the services of a Belizean Protected Areas Program Director – with a strong interest in protected areas management and conservation – to contribute to the leadership and oversight of the Protected Areas Program (PAM).
The successful applicant must above all be an independent, organized, self-motivated and confident team player.
Specific tasks will include
- Implementing the organization’s Strategic Plan as it relates to this role and report quarterly on progress
- Providing visionary leadership to a high performing PAM team
- Managing project budgets, human resources and organizational assets in the field
- Ensuring all stakeholders and the Executive Director of Ya’axché are informed about developments within the PAM program
- Building and managing strong relationships with all PAM related funders and donors
- Participating in local and national networks to represent Ya’axché
- Building partnerships with organizations that build capacity
- Representing Ya’axché in any PAM media related activities as the discretion of the Executive Director
Duration of placement
Dependent on skills and experience.
- Master’s degree in Natural Resource Management or related field
- Demonstrated experience and ability to lead
- At least 3 or 4 years working experience in the field
- Performance management and coaching skills demonstrated in previous managerial experience
- Ability to manage and develop processes and systems to achieve productivity with a particular focus on program management experience
- Knowledge of program evaluation and data management
- Knowledge of National and International Environmental Regulations (Forest Act, Wildlife Act, CITES, IUCNRedList, etc.)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and planning skills
- The ability to work with a wide variety of individuals (including a multi-cultural in-house team) by using tact, diplomacy and flexibility, resolve conflict effectively
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and allocate time effectively to meet internal and external deadlines
- Ability to operate as part of a team in a dynamic environment, as well as self-motivation, drive and enthusiasm to work under own initiative
- Ability to think strategically, logically and to apply common sense
- Dependable and reliable, with a positive attitude
- Meticulous attention to detail
Your application package should include a copy of your resume or CV (no more than two pages) and a one-page letter outlining your interest in, and suitability for, the position. All documents should be in .pdf format and should be emailed to christina.garcia(at)yaaxche.org.
Deadline to submit application is Friday, 25th of January 2018.