As Development Director
Ya’axché is seeking a Belizean Development Director to join its team! The Development Director is responsible for the overall fundraising drive of the organization. The Director works closely with the Executive Director and the rest of the Ya’axché staff to develop project concepts and financing ideas for programs and the entire organization.
The Development Director implements and oversees the strategic approach to fundraising which may include donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources.
Specific tasks will include
- Developing funding proposals, concept-papers, and letters of inquiry supporting Ya’axché’s work within the Maya Golden Landscape
- Working with appropriate program staff to develop proposals and prioritize funding needs
- Contributing, reviewing, and veting all proposals before submission
- Developing and implementing a Ya’axché’s fundraising strategy and a development team annual work plan
- Leading all development team meetings
- Assisting the Development Manager in the prospecting for new donors and updating the prospect list with proposal deadlines
- Keeping abreast with organizational activities as outlined within Ya’axché’s Annual Operational Plan
- Working closely with Executive Director in all fundraising efforts
- Investigating novel financing mechanisms in consultation with Ya’axché staff
- Maintaining donor relations through the donor contract schedule
- Leading points of contact for long-term partner Fauna & Flora Internationl
- Monitoring and evaluating all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
- Overseeing the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified by the organization to generate funds
- Supporting the development and implementation of Ya’axché Institute for Conservation Education’s (YICE) business and marketing strategies
- Supporting the Marketing and Communications Manager and YICE Business Manager in the implementation of both strategic plans.
Duration of placement
One year full commitment
Based on qualification and experience
- Proven leadership skills (3 years fundraising experience)
- Degree inNatural Resource Management or Fundraising Management
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Program evaluation knowledge (Logic Model) an asset
- Demonstrated experience and ability to lead
- Knowledge of Fundraising Management
- Good knowledge of software and computer systems
- Experience in managing donor relationships
- Quality oriented to pursue results for self and others with drive, energy and enthusiasm
- Proactive and future-oriented to identify priorities and focus on getting most important work completed successfully
- Excellent organizational ability to get work done through formal and informal channels and use resources efficiently and effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build collaborative relationships and network effectively
- Strong communication skills to clearly communicate key messages and have candid conversations
- Ability to demonstrate disciplined implementation to execute plans.
Your application package should include a copy of your CV (no more than two pages) and a one-page letter outlining your interest in, and suitability for, the position. All documents should be in .pdf format and should be emailed to christina.garcia(at)yaaxche.org.
Deadline to submit application is Friday, 31st of May 2019.