To Develop a Business Plan for Women's Group
We are securing the services of a Business Consultant to develop a Business Development Plan for Indian Creek Mayan Arts Women’s Group and to provide tailored capacity building workshops in small business management for women’s groups. The consultancy is for a period of 3 months (April 16th to June 15th 2019) for the project “Nuestra Tierra-Nuestros Bosques: Gobernanza Forestal de Pueblos Indígenas y Comunidades Forestales en REDD+ y FLEGT.”
Specific tasks will include
- Conduct initial introductory surveys of women’s group to gather information on the level of knowledge they possess in small business management.
- Conduct 3 training workshops with the women’s group selected by Ya’axché to improve small business management skills, including but not limited to the following: introduction to business plan development for community-based organizations, branding of a small business, customer service and negotiation, marketing, sales, pricing, business model development for women’s group, investing, information sharing, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Conduct post-survey to assess the increase in knowledge of participants after the workshops
- Conduct final meeting for the presentation and endorsement of the Business Development Plan Final Draft
Duration of consultancy
Three (3) months (April 16th to June 15th)
Dependent on skills and experience.
- Expert in Small Business Management
- Knowledge in entrepreneurship models for women’s groups
- Knowledge in business development models, budgets and investment plan
- Proven expertise working with indigenous communities in southern Belize
- Lead capacity buildings trainings and assessments
Your application package should include a copy of your resume or CV (no more than two pages) and a one-page letter outlining your interest in, and suitability for, the consultancy. All documents should be in .pdf format and should be emailed to Project Manager Marvin Vasquez (marvin.vasquez(at)yaaxche.org).
Deadline to submit application is Wednesday, 10th of April 2019.